1975. CATALOGUE OF THE JOHN CARTER BROWN LIBRARY IN BROWN UNIVERSITY, Providence, Rhode Island. Bibliotheca Americana. 7 volumes. Reprint edition. Volumes 1-3 are uniformly bound, tall 8vo., black cloth, gilt, published in Millwood, New York by Kraus Reprint Co., 1975. Volumes 4-5 are uniformly bound, tall 8vo., black cloth, gilt...
Refine search resultsSkip to search results
1958. [BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS]. EARLY PRINTED BOOKS OF THE LOW COUNTRIES. From the Ledding J. Rosenwald Collection. An exhibition at the Library of COngress, April 2, 1958-August 31,1959. Washington: [L.O.C.], 1958. 8vo., wrappers; 37 pp. Mild soil., wear to wraps; clean internally. A very good copy.
1949. [BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS]. FRENCH ART OF THE BOOK. San Francisco, Palace of the Legion of Honor, 1949. Original printed wrappers. 7 tipped in plates, printed on both sides, of book illustrations. Errata slip. Wear and soil to wraps, internally, bright and clean.
1962. [BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS]. IRISH MANUSCRIPTS COMMISSION: Catalogue of Publications, Issued and in Preparation, 1928-1962. Dublin: Stationery Office, [c. 1962]. 8vo., wrappers. Sunned, with a bump to the crown, and some minor pencil underlining; typed list of publications through 1964 taped in at one leaf. About very good.
1992. [BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS]. LIBRARY OF CONGRESS: Rare Books and Special Collections. An Illustrated Guide. Washington, DC: Library of Congress, 1992. Oblong 8vo., paper wrappers. Fine.
1970. BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS. NEW YORK UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES: FALES LIBRARY CHECKLIST. In two volumes. Revised and edited by Theodore Grieder. New York: AMS Press, Inc., (1970). 4to., blue cloth. Slightly rubbed, with one opening corner bumped, and one volume just skewed. Clean, tight copies; very good plus.
1961. BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS. PROPOSALS IN THE JOHN JOHNSON COLLECTION. Index to Proposals for English Books up to 1800. Oxford: University Press, 1960. Oblong 8vo., stapled wrappers, xerox typescript pages (21), with 5 additional stapled leaves laid in, "Additions, January 1961." Slightly bumped, creased, with wear to edges of wraps. Very good.
1967. (BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS). BIBLIOGRAPHICAL NOTES on one hundred books famous in English literature. Compiled by Henry W. Kent. New York: Grolier Club, 1903. (New York: Kraus Reprint edition, 1967). 4to., grey cloth. Fine.
19. (BOOKS ON BOOKS). BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE THEOPHRASTAN CHARACTER IN ENGLISH. West, CT: Greenwood Press, [n.d.], (c.1970). 8vo., orange cloth. A near fine copy.
1986. (BOOKS ON BOOKS). BOOKS COMING FROM THE WHITTINGTON PRESS, 1986-7. (Gloucestershire, England: Whittington Press, c. 1986). Large 8vo., wrappers; 16 pp., illustrated. Sun, slight soil to wraps. Very good.
1925. (BOOKS ON BOOKS). BRUCE ROGERS, DESIGNER OF BOOKS. By Frederic Warde. With a list of the books printed under Mr. Rogers's supervision. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1925. First edition. 8vo., blue cloth, paper spine label. A very good copy that shows some wear at the spine ends.
1961. [BOOKS ON BOOKS]. AN EXHIBITION OF BOOK PUBLISHED WHEN THEY WERE 21 OR YOUNGER BY ONE HUNDERED AUTHORS WHO LATER BECAME FAMOUS. Cambridge: Houghton Library, 1961. 8vo., stapled wrappers; 28 pp. Sunned, with a touch of soil and edgewear. About very good; clean internally.
1960. (BOOKS ON BOOKS). FIRST EDITIONS OF AMERICAN AUTHORS COLLECTED BY THE LATE ARTHUR SWANN. Public auction sale Tuesday March 22 at 1:45 and 8:pm. New York: Parke-Bernet Galleries, 1960. 8vo., paper covered boards. A very good copy with prices realized written in ink and laid in.
1990. (BOOKS ON BOOKS). THE GOLDEN AGE OF DUTCH MANUSCRIPT PAINTING. Introduction by James H. Marrow. Catalogue essays by Henri L.M. Defour, Anne S. Korteweg, Wilhelmina C.M. Wustefeld. New York: George Braziller, (1990). First edition. Small folio, blue cloth, spine in gilt. Illustrated throughout. A very good copy that shows...
1968. BOOKS ON BOOKS. 1450-1550: THE GOLDEN AGE OF THE WOODCUT/The Woodcut Revival: 1800-1925. Kansas: Museum of Art, University of Kansas, (1968). 8vo., wrappers; illustrated. Slight soil to wraps, heel just bumped. Very good.
4975. (BOOKS ON BOOKS). GREAT BOOKS AND BOOK COLLECTORS By Alan G. Thomas. New York: Excalibur Books, (1975). Folio, yellow illustrated paper-covered boards. Illustrated throughout. A near fine copy in the dust jacket.
1971. (BOOKS ON BOOKS). PRINTING. BOOK COLLECTING AND ILLUSTRATED BOOKS. A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF BIBLIOGRAPHIES. By Theodore Besterman. 2 vols. Totowa N.J.: Rowman and Littlefield, 1971. 12mo., grey cloth, spine in gilt. A near fine set.
1988. (BOOKS ON BOOKS). SOLDIER POETS OF THE GREAT WAR. An exhibition at the Grolier Club. New York: The Grolier Club, 1988. 8vo., printed paper wraps. A fine copy.
18. (CALDECOTT'S PICTURE BOOKS). THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT. With drawings by R. Caldecott. London: Frederick Warne and Co., [n.d.], (c 1890's). Later printing. Crown 4to., illustrated paper-covered boards. Illustrated throughout. A near fine copy that shows only light rubbing at the extremities.
18. (CALDECOTT'S PICTURE BOOKS). MRS. MARY BLAIZE. An elegy on the glory of her sex. With drawings by R. Caldecott. London: Frederick Warne and Co., [n.d.], (c 1890's). Later printing. Crown 4to., illustrated paper wraps. Illustrated throughout. A very good copy that shows moderate soiling at the wraps and rubbing...
18. (CALDECOTT'S PICTURE BOOKS). THE QUEEN OF HEARTS. With drawings by R. Caldecott. London: Frederick Warne and Co., [n.d.], (c 1890's). Later printing. Crown 4to., illustrated paper-covered boards. Illustrated throughout. A near fine copy with just slight soiling at the boards, in the original glassine dust wrapper that shows a....
18. (CALDECOTT'S PICTURE BOOKS). SING A SONG FOR SIXPENCE. With drawings by R. Caldecott. London: Frederick Warne and Co., [n.d.], (c 1890's). Later printing. Crown 4to., illustrated paper-covered boards. Illustrated throughout. A very good copy that shows only light soiling at the boards.
1905. (CHILDREN'S BOOKS). THE GOLDEN GOOSE BOOK. Being the stories of The Golden Goose, The Three Little Bears, The 3 Little Pigs, Tom Thumb. With numerous drawings in colour and black-and-white by L. Leslie Brooke. London: Frederick Warne & Co., c.1920. Later edition. 4to., illustrated green cloth. Hinges cracked, else very good.
1948. (CONTACT BOOKS). OTHER PEOPLES LIVES. The tenth Contact book, faces the issue of 'class' in Britain and abroad, reports on opera, literature, fashion, with essays by Harold Macmillan and Kingsley Martin, and many pages of illustrations in colour. (London): Contact Publications Ltd., 1948. 4to., decorated paper-covered boards. A very...
1947. (CONTACT BOOKS). WORLD OF NEIGHBOURS. The eighth Contact book. (London): Contact Publications Ltd., (147). Contributors include L.S. Amery, V.S. Prichett, Peter Ustinov, amd others. 4to., decorated paper-covered boards. A very good copy that shows only some soiling and slight edgewear at the dust jacket.